August 2020 printable calendars will knock your head with the events to come and things to do in the beautiful time of August. Live a more scheduled and organized life with the help of these printable calendars; let them help you to become an organized homo sapien.
” A calendar is my event manager”, keeping this in mind let us appreciate the importance of printed calendars.
Staying organized is a crucial deal these days. With so much of work and our hectic routine, we generally end up every day following a messed-up routine. So, as a solution to the problem, a printed calendar is the best tool. A calendar is the best method to pen down your upcoming tasks and stay chronologically updated. With a printed calendar, it is a lot easier for you to remember and get reminded of what is next to come. Calendars have been of great importance in our world since the very beginning. From festive to dates of crucial importance, they have been there for everything.
Calendars not only lessen up your things to remember but also keep them in a synchronized manner. From anniversaries to birthdays, from the official meetings to the love dates, everything is located on a calendar. A calendar helps you to manage and plan your schedule so that you never end up messing in the crucial happenings of your life.
Imagine how life without calendars would be? Writing down each and everything with their dates would be such a tedious task to do. There will be no event planner or organizer available for you who works for free.
That’s how calendars have marked their importance in all our lives. From a school kid who needs to find out which date what exam is scheduled to a businessman who needs to keep track of the dates of important meetings and deals. We generally become less thankful to readily available things, and one such ignored blessing is Calendar. So, let’s remind ourselves again the multiple micro things that a calendar does for us. A printed piece of paper merely hanging on the wall can help us in our lives in such a considering manner! Who would have ever thought of that?
The eighth month of the year filled with 31 days of fun and joy. The month of August comes between July and September. August is not known to start on the week’s same day as any other month in the year in common years, however it does conclude on the same day of the week just like November every consecutive year. During leap years.
History of August:
The month of August has an intriguing ancient history. How it was named, after whom, how the 31 days came into existence. So, here is some historical background for August:
- In earlier versions of the Rome calendar, it was known by the name of Sextilis, the sixth month.
- It had 31 days. It later became the eighth month with a length of 29 days after the addition of January and February to the year.
- Julius Caesar added two days to the month around 45BC.
- It was later renamed to honour Augustus Caesar in 8 BC.
Fun facts about August:
August is filled with so many interesting facts; let’s have a quick go through them:
- Its birth flower is the gladiolus or poppy symbolic of strength, beauty, love, marriage, and family.
- The birthstone for August is the peridot or onyx. It is a rare gem-quality form of the mineral olivine appearing in various shades of green. Famously renowned as “evening emerald”.
- August is also the month to wish many great personalities a happy birthday. To know some, we have Neil Armstrong, Alfred Hitchcock, Maria Mitchell, Jason Momoa, Sam Mendes and many more.
- The two zodiac signs associated with August are Leo and Virgo.
- August also brings us the best bounty of the season- ripened tomatoes, ripe melon, sweet corn, and the list is long and mouth-watering.
August in other languages:
Many names are associated with August in different languages, here are a few of them:
- Latin name – Augustus mensis – Month of Augustus
- Latin – sextilis mensis – the sixth month
- Anglo-Saxons – Weod Monath – Weed month
Days associated with August:
Besides offering beauty and comfort to nature, the month of August is filled with many under-celebrated occasions. To list a few, we have:
- 1st of August as National Girlfriends Day which honours the lady friends who are there for their lady friends.
- 5th of August is International Beer Day, to celebrate and enjoy the deliciousness, that is beer. The day is celebrated in dedication to the people who brew and serve our beer.
- The 10th of August is also celebrated as Lazy Day.
- International Youth Day is celebrated on 12 August around the globe to focus on the development and protection of youth in the society.
With all these things included, August becomes a perfect mix bag of surprises and joy. Initiating the beauty from nature, trees, flowers, and fruits to the flock of birds that can be heard in the evenings of August. Apart from nature to adore, August also is filled with so many Days you never knew are celebrated across the globe. All the 31 days of August bring together different energy, the spirit of love and affection and beauty to us. The whole month is symbolic of a nice comforting journey and exploration of the very beautiful Earth. So, come and dive in, wake up each day with new energy and zeal to live every day to the fullest in August.
Take help from the August Printable Calendars 2020 and make your days more organized with no hassle and kiosk. That’s all you need! These calendars can be downloaded for free from the website. Try them now!